Mumblings of an incoherent mind...
Friday, August 15, 2008
  Chronos
Time...
time heals all wounds..
time is golden..
time is transient..
time is a figment of imagination..
time bears witness to all..
time once lost can never be regained..



it's been about a month plus since i started work.. but i dont think that anything has changed in anyway. I mean, you hear about people talking about 'chapter's in your life..where you change from being one to being another, but for me it remains pretty much the same. I wear the same clothes as when i was studying and i think i still behave the same. Knowledgeable in some areas, mature in others, while being ignorant and childish when it comes to other aspects of life..things haven't changed at all..

on another note, DNA test results are back. And the results show that we can go ahead with the transplantation pending some other minor tests to be done first. Hmm, thinking about this issue I guess has brought the whole issue of mortality to mind. The surgery, although not very risky can potentially lead to death, as in we're never too sure if everything's gonna go alright. If things go wrong, it could also lead to a lower standard of life for myself. Well I guess this isn't the real issue when it comes to myself. I mean, i've made a commitment and I really want to see it through. Plus i'd do anything to help the little fella, even if it means sacrificing my life.

I remember a story about a kid, who was asked to donate blood his bone marrow to his brother I believe. And after looking fearful for a while, and giving it some thought, the kid said okay. And he told his parents to take care of his brother after he was dead. Being young, he couldn't fully understand the concept of donation, and he thought that by doing the act of donating, he would die after that. And still, he bravely went ahead in the face of death, all for his brother.

I guess for me, even if they would tell me that the chances for mortality is high, i would go ahead and do it. I think i've had quite an interesting life so far, fulfilling to a high degree and with few regrets. But the question would be...if i was faced with death maybe next week, what would I do today? Are there things that i haven't done or haven't said? are there apologies to be made, loose ends to be tied up? Are there things to put in order? And are there wishes to be fulfilled?

i guess words cannot adequately express how i feel right now..
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clementi, Singapore

Cool and extreme at the same, the epitome of confusion.....always an oxymoron, to be at peace yet chaotic,evil yet good,lost but found, but simply, to be me.

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / September 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / July 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]