Mumblings of an incoherent mind...
Thursday, April 20, 2006
  My living will...part 1
okay okay..so i'm having this conversation with my friend Jun King...and its freaked me out enough that i'm gonna write my living will so that in the event i die tomorrow...you guys will know what to do...this living will doesn't so much consists of material assets but more of what i want to do with my body...the only thing i came into the earth with.

as for the material assets, i will it to my family...leaving them to decide wawt to do with it (a trust fund in my name would be good :p hahaha)

anyway...as for me

life support = if necessary and if there is hope of surviving...dont' pull the plug on me prematurely
organ donation = by all means...yes...id' still like to feel useful even when i'm dead...as it is i try to donate blood regularly

i thought of donating my body to science...but then..after looking at wat some med student do to cadavers..and the fact that my body might be sold to some other ppl by the science group etc...at this moment i'm AGAINST giving my body to science. I might review this in the future...so if Jun King ever appears at my funeral and insists that i said i wanted to donate the body to science (bear in mind he gets paid 2k pouinds for every body)....NO!!!..haha

as for my funeral..
i still wanna be cremated...and like i wrote previously...for every year of my life..there ought to be one minute of fireworks...oh yea...mix my ashes into the fireworks..and blast me over a sea..from a cliff preferably :p and party y'all...

yea..thats bout it for now...sorry bout the morbid thoughts...

kelvin :p
and i ain't jokin
 
Comments:
good for you...i had this discussion in a health policy class i took several semesters ago, and we all had a sample living will form to fill in. i'm sure you heard about the case of the american woman who was in a coma and there was a big battle between her husband who wanted to pull the plug on her, and her family who wanted to keep her alive. i believe she'd been on life support for a while.

don't remember everything that was on the sample i had...things like "i do/don't want to be resuscitated in the event of...", "i do/don't want to be on artificial life support...", "so-and-so will make decisions on my behalf if..."

so weird to have to think of all this...but this is the land of litigation i guess :p

p.s. is an aerogramme coming my way? ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clementi, Singapore

Cool and extreme at the same, the epitome of confusion.....always an oxymoron, to be at peace yet chaotic,evil yet good,lost but found, but simply, to be me.

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / September 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / July 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]